Pictured to the left is Christopher & myself. He is seven & is as awesome as a million puppies. A good brother of mine, Nate, is half responsible for making young Christopher & I had the pleasure of spending the day with both Chris & his dad. Together we swam, talked life, played marco-polo & ate tons of ice cream, as you will see. God continues to bless me with good brothers but I also realized the blessing in spending time with this seven year old today. Christopher not only got us our first round of ice cream for free by dancing at the restaurant we were eating & winning over the heart of our waitress but he also shared his wisdom with me; wisdom that comes from a mind that is free & a heart that belongs to Jesus.
All I want is to share Christopher's responses to the questions I asked him throughout the day.
Me:What is your favorite thing about today?
Christopher: Today, all of it.
Me: What is your favorite thing about Jesus?
Christopher: When He died on the cross, He gave us the blood we needed to live.
Me: What would you say to someone about Jesus who doesn't know Him?
Christopher: He is good & He can save you.
Me: If I have a crush on a girl, what should I say to her?
Christopher: You are really good at talking to God & you are really beautiful.
Me: What does love look like?
Christopher: If you love something you wanna marry it. If you don't wanna marry it, you just like it. You just wanna be it's friend.
I am indebted to & very thankful for young wisdom today &, needless to say, we went out for ice cream for a second time after this conversation.

No comments:
Post a Comment