Just a few minutes ago I walked back into this apartment after a stroll to dinner & then through the park with a good friend. For a few hours my buddy & I talked about God in our lives, how He moves in every season & all He has seen us through whether or not we have chosen to see Him. All the while offering our best insight, prayers & listening ear to one another.
This is perhaps one of my favorite things in this life; sharing stories with good friends & finding God's work in areas never seen before. Then together giving thanks to a Father that loves selflessly. Be it rain or shine, temptation & trial, He has never let me down. (1 Corinthians 10:13). In these fleeting moments of gratitude & relationship I feel as though I am doing something right, like a child making his Father proud. In these moments I am full & feel so close to home.
Jesus reminds us, as recounted by John, "I am the resurrection & the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; & whoever ever lives & believes in me will never die. Do you Believe this?"
Do I? I am finding each day I do a little more & it reflects in my life. Days where this belief sinks to my bones & deep within my heart I am able to love in ways & to levels I could never before. But only by the grace of God. Only when I surrender myself as a instrument for His love am I able to love well.
I do not have many more words to describe this love that I am feeling & if I did I doubt it would be a very good love at all. The best words we can manifest fall short of a true love. The only way I can explain this all is by saying I feel like I am coming home. Allowing Jesus into my heart is like coming home to a place where I feel I am who I was made to be & am loved as I was made to be loved.
"T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far
and Grace will lead us
home."
No comments:
Post a Comment