Today I was rummaging about in my thoughts to see what was solid & natural as well as what could be sent away to burn. So I stumbled on an old bit of treasure amidst the rubble, it was simple & worth keeping like an old picture lying amidst the smoldering ruins of a home. To me, it is important to study & memorize; be it a quote from a favorite author, a verse of wisdom or a poem. In a moment of need, our own or a loved ones, we can offer undeniable hope with our words. In a instance of love we can sweeten the moment with words tried & true. There are few opportunities in this life so great as when you offer a friend hope or place a smile on the face of the one you love. Let us not underestimate the influence of our words & let us prepare so we have something of value to offer when given the chance.
Here is a good place to begin.
I LOVE YOU.
"I love you for what you are, but I
love you
yet more for what you are going to
be.
I love you not so much for your
realities
as for your ideals.
I pray for your desires that they may
be great,
rather than for your satisfactions,
which may be so hazardously little.
You are going forward toward
something great.
I am on the way with you,
and therefore I love you."
-Carl Sandburg
No comments:
Post a Comment